Thursday, February 3, 2011

If Wishes Were Horses . . .

"If Wishes Were Horses" my mother used to say to me.  It never made sense.  Wishes aren't horses.  And why would beggars want to ride?  Wouldn't beggars wish for money or maybe food or a roof over their head?  At any rate, I digress.  Anna's post at Door16 about her karmic wish fulfillment got me thinking.  What design world item would I wish for?  The possibilities are so limitless, it is a bit overwhelming.  Plus I had never really thought about it because it seems like so much, well, wishful thinking.  But if the thrifting gods are ever going to smile on ME, I guess I better be ready.  Time for some 1st Dibs browsing.

And the results . . . .
I came up blank!

What?  I guess the thing is, I love it all.  Or at least most of it.  Would I love an Eames Lounger?  Sure.  They're beautiful and probably the closest thing to a recliner I would ever allow in my house.


But there's also some other awesome vintage leather lounge chairs out there with great lines so I don't know if it has to be an Eames.  Plus I caught myself browsing for things I need to fill holes in my home right now, like a vanity.  I don't know if that counts for a "if I could wish for anything, I'd wish for this" kind of thing because really it's just something I am thinking about now. 

Maybe I need therapy. 

Like furniture therapy or retail therapy . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment