Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baby Steps in January

So to keep moving on my 2011 goals, I have been taking some baby steps . . . very very small baby steps it feels like sometimes!  My item #10 about cleaning out the basement has/will require a lot of work . . . so let's get started:

Number 10 sub-item 2 was the chair and ottoman.  I found this beaut on Craigslist for something like $35 dollars.  It was in rough shape and had green and maroon upholstery (gasp).  So now it has been stripped and the ottoman has received 2 coats of tung oil and the chair has gotten one coat. 


Number 10 sub-item 4 is a card table and chairs (only 3) that I found at a garage/yard sale.  They also need some work and have been languishing in the basement.  I have started pulling the old orange vinyl off the seats and am going to reupholster them in white vinyl (my favorite thing in the whole wide world .  . . or one of them at least!)

Number 10 sub-item 5 was the sweater yarn ball - it is done!  The dogs have been enjoying it but I'm kind of worried Shenanigan is going to rip it up when he moves it around to make his little doggy nest.  We'll see how it goes.  I did want to mention that the sweater yarn ball rug took a few trys - the "yarn" was so big it kept coming out wonky and I would have to pull it out and redo it . . . .
Number 10 sub-item 6 is a crochet blanket that is keeping Sophie and I warm as I work on it.  This is blanket #2.  There was also an unfinished Blanket #1 that I wrapped up and took over to my sister's apartment along with some felt pillows that couldn't handle the dog hair that is our house . . .

And as usual, when I put the blanket out for photographing, Shenanigan had to examine it, thus the dog hair!

And finally, the big next that wasn't on my list because it wasn't mine . . . JT is making a guitar!  It is going to be gorgeous.  Really I can't wait til he finishes this one (a Telecaster clone) so he can start on the next one - an Explorer!

No comments:

Post a Comment